RMCCG Russell Midcap Growth Index

The Index starts by ranking every stock in the Russell Midcap Index using growth and value factors. The Russell Midcap Index represents the 800 smallest companies in the Russell 1000 Index. Russell uses three variables in the determination of growth and value. For value, book-to-price (B/P) ratio is used, while for growth, two variables—I/B/E/S forecast medium-term growth (2-year) and sales per share historical growth (5-year) are used. Roughly 70% of the stocks are then classified as either growth or value stocks, with the remaining 30% classified as a blend. The Russell Midcap Growth Index includes all the stocks classified as growth stocks plus many of the stocks classified as blend.

1,438.35
As of 04/29/2022


Index Information
Provider:     FTSE Russell
Category1:  US Equity
Category2:  Broad market
Category3:  Mid cap
Country:      USA
Currency:    USD
Inception date:  02/01/1995
Backtesting data exists:   No
Weighting methodology:   Market capitalization
Number of holdings:  469  (as of 11/19/2018)
Total return version:  RMCCGTR


As explained in what is an index, there is no universal system of giving an index a symbol. You can search for indexes using our index symbol lookup.

2022 © Stock Market MBA, Inc. Terms of use | Privacy policy